IPL is excited to announce our 2021 theme!
Sacred Ground: Cultivating Connections Between Our Faith, Our Food, and the Climate. We examine how our food systems contribute to injustice and to climate change, and how our faiths call us to respond through practical solutions.
Join Interfaith Power & Light’s annual premier week of worship and action focused on climate – Faith Climate Action Week, April 16-25, 2021.
How we grow our food largely determines how we treat the world, and one another. Dig in to a discussion with your congregation on the connection between our faith, our food practices, climate change, and environmental justice. Make it a focus of your Earth Day worship services and be part of the solution with the suggested actions in the organizer’s kit.
In the kit:
- Organizer’s instructions
- Sacred Ground Guide – learn how healthy soil can help solve the climate crisis and support food justice, plus suggestions for action for congregations and individuals
- Garden Blessing Ceremony
- Postcards to the Secretary of Agriculture and a pre-addressed envelope to mail them to IPL
- Shoppers wallet guide to help you select food grown in healthy soil
- Links to the nationwide Climate Prayer, with more online worship resources
- Climate change fact sheet
- Option: View online free through April 26 – “Kiss the Ground”, an important film on how farming for Creation can help solve the climate crisis, plus a free screening kit with faith-based discussion questions
Printed kits sold out.