The theme of 2022’s Faith Climate Action Week is “Sacred Trust: Our children’s right to a livable future.” We will examine our responsibility to safeguard our Earth for future generations, and how our faiths call us to respond with bold and just solutions to climate change.
The kit is evergreen with great faith-based discussion materials, a Youth Blessing, and suggested activities for you and your congregation that can be used at any time of year!
Our children and grandchildren will bear the brunt of climate change, and their voices have an outsized impact in the halls of power when they speak about how climate change affects their future. IPL invites you to lean into this sobering and hopeful paradox and work alongside the youth in your congregation or community to speak up for their rights to a stable climate. Make it a focus of your Earth Day worship services and be part of the solution with the suggested actions in the organizer’s kit.
There are suggestions and resources for how to get engaged in supporting local climate justice action, and a call for art created by youth and children that envisions a positive future for our Earth through the #ImagineIPL campaign. Additionally, you will find faith-based discussion materials, suggested short films, and a Youth and Children Blessing ceremony.
In the kit:
- Organizer’s instructions
- Sacred Trust Guide – learn about our children’s moral and legal rights to a livable climate, intergenerational climate justice, plus suggestions for action for congregations and individuals
- Youth and Children Blessing Ceremony
- Postcards to collect Voter pledges and a pre-addressed envelope to mail them to IPL
- Climate change fact sheet
- Links to the nationwide Climate Prayer, with more online worship resources
ALSO: Screen “Youth v Gov”, a climate change ‘superhero’ movie, DVDS available through IPL in March, includes screening rights and screening guide with discussion questions.
Free kit download available in March 2022.