Newman Congregational Church, UCC
100 Newman Ave
Rumford, RI, 02916
Date(s) - 04/23/2017
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Newman Congregational Church hosts Solar Sunday
Sunday, April 23rd. Newman Congregational Church, Rumford, RI
RUMFORD, R.I., – April 23, 2017– Newman Congregational Church announced today that they will host a Solar Sunday on Thursday, April 23, 2017 at their 11:00am coffee hour.
Solar Sundays are part of the RI Interfaith Power & Light’s Interfaith Solar Initiative, launched on January 1, 2017. The Initiative is a statewide multi-denominational solar effort designed to bring solar power to faith institutions, their members, and their communities, and to educate Rhode Island residents on the many financial and environmental benefits of solar electricity. The goal of the program is to install 60 new solar electric systems in RI this year. All events are free and open to the public.
Representatives from RI Interfaith Power & Light, SmartPower, and Newport Solar will be available to answer questions and several experienced solar ambassadors will be on hand to share their experiences as well. Attendees will learn about the many incentives, financing options and and credits that make going solar easy and affordable
The event will include:
- Solar Technicians from SmartPower and Newport Solar
- Community Solar Ambassadors will answer questions about their own experience going solar
- A presentation on solar basics, equipment information, most up to date solar incentive and tax credit information, and an overview of solar financing options
- Q&A panel will include solar technicians, solar energy professionals, and solar ambassadors to answer questions and relate experiences to help attendees decide if solar is a good fit.
- Opportunity to sign up for a free solar assessment. No obligation.
WHEN: Sunday, April 23, 2017
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
WHERE: Newman Congregational Church
100 Newman Ave., Rumford, RI 02916. For more info, contact [email protected]
WHO: Open and Free To All Members of the Public