Minnesota State Capitol
75 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard
st Paul, MN, 55155
Date(s) - 04/25/2018
Youth Day at the Capitol for Climate Justice; April 25, 2018, 8:30am – 2:30pm
Join us for a youth day at the capitol. It is a chance for students to experience first-hand how to participate in government. We meet with the Governor and our MN Senators and Representatives to talk with them about why we care about climate change and social justice. It is also a chance for youth from across Minnesota to meet each other and discuss how to make change in our communities. The majority of youth who attend are in high school, but middle schoolers and college students are invited as well.
Students will spend the day engaging first-hand in civic service activities. Students can:
- Meet and speak with Governor Dayton to kick off the day. Youth leaders will share their climate stories and solutions.
- Prepare and lead small group conversations with their State legislators.
- Learn about legislative process and witness committee discussion in progress.
- Visit and tour the state capitol and legislative offices.
- Participate in hands-on workshops to learn more in-depth about climate change issues, renewable energy and other sustainable solutions, and civic engagement.